Working at the Cocoa Housing Authority:
Cocoa Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Cocoa Housing Authority will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
CONSTRUCTION LABOR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Please click here or contact Cocoa Housing Authority for further information.
Assistant Property Manager
Hiring Range: $26,900-$45,100
Cocoa Housing Authority is a forward thinking, award winning and innovative agency in the process of converting all of its public housing to Low Income Housing Tax Credit/Project Based Rental Assistance under the Department of Housing and Urban Development Rental Assistance Demonstration Model. All 327 of our apartments will be renovated over the coming 2 years. We are performance driven and customer service friendly. The Assistant Property Manager will be a key person in insuring that our new model of affordable housing operates efficiently and serves as a model for others. Our goal is to continue to develop more affordable housing in our service area.
- Responsible for leasing and occupancy in a PBRA/LIHTC/RAD property.
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit affordable housing experience required including appropriate credentials
- Responsible for processing of all applicant files for move in/recertification by conducting household interview, obtaining 3rd party verifications, tracking responses, confirming eligibility and preparing files appropriately for Property Manager lease and certification signing.
- Process initial, interim and annual certifications, move-ins and unit transfers in compliance with government programs.
- Brief tenants upon admission, explaining lease, house rules and regulations, maintenance responsibilities and procedures for paying rent.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and apartment management software.
- Understands and applies the principles of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and complete tenant files.
- Performs inspections of dwelling units and grounds.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Three years of increasingly responsible experience in managing LIHTC properties required.
- Certified Occupancy Specialist credentials to be obtained within 6 months.
- Experience in PBRA, public housing and/or housing choice voucher preferred.
- Affordable housing/apartment management credentials strongly preferred (LIHTC, COS, PBRA, CAM, Housing Choice Vouchers, Public Housing and similar.
- Bi-lingual skills desirable.
This is a full-time position and will remain open until filled. Pre-employment background/assessment testing required. Excellent Benefits/EOE/Drug Free Work Place. Apply: Cocoa Housing Authority, 828 Stone St., Cocoa, Fl 32922, or print out application and email completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org…. 2017-03 Employment Application
The Cocoa Housing Authority is seeking individuals with clerical experience to assist in day-to-day operations. Job duties may include clerical support, answering telephones, greeting and assisting walk-in customers, working with children and resident services. Starting pay is $8.10 per hour. If you are interested, please visit the office at 828 Stone Street between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:00 pm, to complete an employment application. Public housing residents, housing choice voucher residents and lower income persons are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity.